Sunday, May 22, 2011

Now begins this awesome summer!

Ok, I’m going to try and get into this blog thing. But then again why are people so interested in others thoughts and problems…
Well I have started have summer vacation and it’s moving very fast already. By the goodness of my friend I have a summer VFX internship; for a movie that will be due by August 1! One of the things about the internship is that it’s (1) located in a very traffic congested city (you know which one I’m talking about) (2) by car it should only take about 27-30minutes to get there, but because I live in such as place, traffic bumps up the time to about 1 hours and 45 minutes to about 2 hours. TWO HOURS in traffic! Sitting there! Waiting! Oh, all this worrying makes me so itchy! Not only will I wait in traffic the parking lot to the studio is stacked parking. I’m also taking a summer course, driving from the school into the city and driving back is way to much money! And the car that I’m driving requires some maintenance that I definitely don’t have the money for. Asking my parents for gas money, will definitely strain their finances. So I decided to take the bus/rail…it seems so simple, right? No! Living in this city you have to be a cold, bitch to ride the bus. Crazy people, Crazy teens, homeless, random people that just want to talk to you. UGH!! That’s what’s making the car sound soooo nice, right now…But the money….Hmmm and the traffic…hhmmm (again) Plus with my timid self, I’m going to have to be harder than usual. It’s at times like these I wish I had a friend or sister to tag along…
I have fears about taking that bus. Should I get some protection like a knife, pepper spray, or some weapon? Too many times I’m told that just because I’m a woman, that makes me a target for predators. Even the toughest women get taken down. Damn those people that make it difficult to have a normal existence, you have to battle them too…
Monday, I’m going to push myself to take the Rail and bus to the internship studio, to see what it feels like to travel on the metro system. Then hopefully on Tuesday I can take the metro to the internship and back home, with a little less fear. Then gain confidence to take it all over the place J I just want to save money and gas. The metro and car take about the same amount of time to get where I need to go, taking the metro would just be a method on saving money, my mom is ready to by me that monthly pass and everything.

Heh…getting tired….Farewell, Internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment