Tuesday, August 30, 2011


It’s the start of the Fall semester for me. According to my class units calculations I have about 25 to 29 units left til’ graduation. This means I could walk in the graduation for the Spring 2012 the finish in the Fall of 2012 with 1 class.

Summer was VERY  productive: Summer School, Internship, Illustration job. All well done by the way. I took the bus to most places, and realized that bus isn’t too bad, but every once in a while, it gets annoying that buses only come around twice every hour. 


This fall I’m taking four, FOUR, studio Art class. An unholy combination of classes, so I am told. Professors and students both warn that a semester of 4 studio art classes is social suicide and mentally taxing.  Looking over all of my syllabuses it is definitely a lot of work. But all 3 class have similar styles in work. Progressive work, small projects that add to one final project…with a few side in-class projects along the way. It looks challenging, but with some fancy time management it can be DONE. I think this means going to school on the weekend and devoting 12 hours on Saturday to 2 classes and Sunday another 12 hours to the other 2 classes.

One side says “Drop one of the studios and move it to next semester, you’ll have more time to focus on your work and do a better job”

The another side says “ Keep this schedule, and push through. Your next semester schedule will allow you more time to work on your senior project. Possibly allowing you to be undistracted by other classes.”

I could drop or I could stay either way I could handle the situation. It will all depend on the syllabus for Animation 3, the time and effort for Animation 3 is doubled since, I received a brief training on animation from the semester. The thing to remember for me  is to not push myself down just because I see a better artist that impress the teacher. One day, I will be just as impressive….One Day…

No comments:

Post a Comment