Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Splrug


So many things run through my mind when I have a lot to do. Not to mention the unnecessary stress I give myself.
This summer animation class is turning out better than I thought, but I’m unsure of my pace. I’m slowly learning what to do  when in-betweening a scene. It’s week 2 in the course which means inking and painting. A complete scene (Finished animation +ink and painting)  due on Sunday. Currently, I’m tweaking the hand-drawn in-betweens (there’s always something to fix) But animation is not perfect the first few times, the artist has to refine it to it’s perfect point, even then there will be flaws, but it’s the best that it can be. With that said next is speed. If we’re simulating being in a studio and working with a deadline, I feel that I need to be faster, knowing that you do not get it right the first, it doesn’t stop the feeling of “Well, everyone else gets it right the first time” and continually telling myself that that is not true is so hard. I don’t think anyone has any new scenes. We’re all still animating the first scene we get last week. Not to mention we have to scan everything and clean up then color. The program we’re using, Toonboom, has some pretty familiar elements to it. The animation element is similar to Flash, the compositing component interface reminds me of Nuke. So that shows me that things definitely carry over. Maybe when I apply for jobs and I have on my resume some work with Nuke, they’ll look at it and think “Oh, she worked with Nuke perhaps she can work with this less complex composition program” But I don’t want to be compositing, too boring. I have more fun coloring animation frames then compositing, but there’s a career out of it. There are people that actually ENJOY compositing? Wow, that is a special person. I was searching for other tutorials on Nuke and I came across a video of some who recorded themselves rotoscoping. When looking at the comments, someone put they’d rather do cross-stitching than roto-ing. Ha! Amen to that whoever you are. But you know it’s a skill to know, broadening horizons perhaps?
But when I stress myself out I freeze; I want to clean up these frames, I want to complete some personal projects, should I look up some more video on Nuke, should I just go to bed?
All these though come rushing to my head and I can’t focus. Right now, as I type it feel that I should do other things sigh. I don’t know how the semester will go, the advisors warn us to take more than 3 studio art classes at once. As if 4 is hell and I too much work…maybe it is….should I drop a studio art class? And pick up a job?
See? Now even more thoughts come to mind…not just priorities but little things to; I need to pack a lunch, I need to pack work out clothers,

Thinking way too much…

So, I found an inspiring artist, I want to draw the human figure like her especially babies.  Here she is..

I want to be like this artist: http://www.sylvialwalker.com

Lastly:

The metro is a great place for gesture drawing and people watching. Today I saw a homeless man carrying a trash bag wearing a big red sombrero. What?
Then I saw Jem: and the holograms? REMEMBER? REMEMBER that show?! I remember when I though I want to have pink hair like Jem…yeah…oh the imagination of a children heh heh heh

I need to post some scans soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment