Wednesday, June 1, 2011

5 Fifth post


Did I take on too much for the summer?
Ok, let’s review this.
·         Animation Summer course till early July
·         Greenscreen compositing internship that ends in august,
·         Color frames in  a Flash animations (also considered an ‘internship’)
·         Museum graphic Design
·         Personal projects

Add to that the feeling of wanting to relax that I should relax and wanting to hang out with friends. Man, this is going to get really busy. Oh, and I’m considering do illustrations for a friends for her parents. That was so embarrassing. I have to go in to a business meeting with an impressive portfolio and know my DAMN EXPERIENCE. What if they don’t like my style? My style is too cartoony, no one wants that.
Yeah, I definitely took on too much. I must send an email to the museum, explaining that I’m going to be a virtual volunteer for a bit and I should probably say good bye to social time with my boyfriend. I charted this out! The only day I have free would be Sunday, ugh, now I just want July to come already so I can have some peace. I have this dreaded looming feeling and it’s mostly because of the graphic design stuff. I have to design a rack card, internship bookmark, and internship brochure. Oh my goodness. There is no due date, though. Just earlier today I managed to get an idea out of my head and into the computer. It looks ok could use some finessing. I need to just get the bookmark and brochure out the way, and what’s there to worry about? I don’t have the text to either thing so all I can do is design template…I should’ve put some graphic design in there. Ugh, I gotta stop thinking…my mind and body feels like it’s in a state of panic because I’ve taken too much on
But hey it’s like having a class schedule, having 12-15units all over again. But this time I could get paid for one of the classes. Also the helping to color some Flash animations isn’t so difficult. Sure, there are many frames to color, but they can be completed in 6 hours or so. The compositing internship is purely, leave at work. No, need to take stuff home = awesome…Just weighing the pro and cons
THEN  I WANT TO THROW A JOB INTO THAT MIX?! Nuh nah, I’m a HOME BODY this summer…but my blinds are broken and won’t open…and it’s always (85% of the time) a beautiful day outside and I want to go to a grass, quiet park and sit in the shade, perhaps sleep. Like a cat in the sun, purring …yess, that’s the kind of day that I will enjoy
Oh to be a cat…house cat and not worry about a thing! Someone with feed me, clean me , allow me to snuggle of to them and treat their chest as a pillow…*sigh*
Ok, I gotta get some sleep. Perhaps pray a bit for some clarity in all this variety of projects.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing fine. I wouldn't say you have a HEAP of stuff on your plate. It's the right amount. Your staying active and keeping your mind sharp. You're not letting your mind go dull with the boredom of doing nothing for the summer. You will set time aside to relax and cool down with your bf, friends, or by yourself.

    I've got the coloring Flash files under control. You don't need to worry about that.

    ReplyDelete